Why Join the German Shepherd Dog Club of America?
We preserve and protect the dogs that protect and serve us!
Congratulations on owning a German Shepherd Dog. Some of the first things you brought home with your dog were food, dog dishes, a collar and leash. . . And there is one more thing you need to do for your new best friend. – Join the German Shepherd Dog Club of America. (GSDCA)
We are a group dedicated to our breed and to our Club and its continued status as the Number One German Shepherd Dog organization recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC) and the World Union Organization of German Shepherd Dogs (WUSV).
THE PURPOSE OF THE GSDCA
- To encourage, promote and improve the breeding of quality purebred German Shepherd Dogs, to educate the fancy and to do all that is possible to bring the natural qualities of the German Shepherd Dog to perfection.
- To urge members and breeders to accept the Standard of the breed as approved by the AKC as the only standard of excellence by which the German Shepherd Dog shall be judged.
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the Breed by encouraging sportsmanlike competition at dog shows and performance events.
- To aid with every possible means to demonstrate the German Shepherd Dog’s conspicuous abilities to better serve mankind as a companion, war, Search and Rescue, police, drug and explosive detection, security, herding and guide dog to the blind.
- To conduct dog shows, performance trials including obedience, rally, herding, etc., under the rules of the American Kennel Club and to publish literature and periodicals in the best interest of the German Shepherd Dog.
The GSDCA provides a venue that allows breeders, owners, handlers and judges to contribute freely any information relevant to the breed. It is through a conglomeration of ideas that you, the new member, will formulate your plan for the betterment of the breed we so dearly love.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP IMPACTS THE FUTURE OF THE BREED
One of the largest breed clubs in the country, we have a myriad of people who love the German Shepherd Dog and are looking for mentorship, friendship and a sense of belonging. The GSDCA provides the network to connect the fanciers to form a chain of support and common interest dedicated to the preservation of the breed we hold so close to our hearts.
We, as members share in the excitement of a new litter, comfort each other as a dog passes, tackle health problems, debate structure of dogs, and discuss upcoming events. Our breed continues to improve and move forward because each member contributes a unique vision and perspective.
Various committees of the GSDCA are devoted to the health and welfare of our breed. The Canine Health Foundation, of which the GSDCA was a founding member club, and the American German Shepherd Charitable Foundations were organized to fund health research issues.
The American German Shepherd Rescue Association (AGSRA) is a viable link to local rescue groups with a grant program.
MEMBERSHIP FOR ALL
The future of this Club lies with its young people and their continued involvement. Therefore, we have an active Juniors program, for anyone under the age of 18, with ongoing educational rewards. A Junior membership in the GSDCA is available for free.
The German Shepherd Dog Review is a prestigious and award winning publication that you will receive eleven months a year with your membership. Various issues spotlight different aspects of our dog’s talents, along with articles and stories that serve to educate the fancy. The beautiful dogs advertised, many in color, are an ongoing history of the breed.
The yearly National Specialty show is the main showcase for the variety of abilities of the German Shepherd Dog. It is a celebration on many levels. Along with Conformation other venues such as Obedience, Rally, Tracking, Herding, Agility, Scent Work, Temperament Certification and more engage members and their dogs in positive interaction. Members look forward with great anticipation to the National every year, and locations rotate across the United States.
PLEASE JOIN US IN THE CONTINUED DEVELOPMENT OF THE MOST VERSATILE OF BREEDS
– THE GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG –
SERVING AND PROTECTING MANKIND
Click here for the Membership Application